Our monthly meetings are normally held on the fourth Thursday of the month, with exceptions due to holidays: the November meeting is on the third Thursday, and there is no monthly meeting in December. All meetings are at the Portland Fire & Rescue Training Center, 4800 NE 122nd Avenue Portland, OR 97230.
Our meetings typically run from 19:00 to 21:00 PM, and consist of a short introduction and updates from our Emergency Coordinator and other members of the leadership team, followed by a training session or presentation relevant to our role as emergency communicators. There is also a Q&A session – targeted at new and prospective members – and informal gathering just prior to the meeting, from 18:15 to 19:00. Meeting dates and training topics can be found on our calendar.
If you are interested in seeing what we’re all about, and maybe even becoming a member, please come early for the Q&A session and meet with our leadership team:
- Nate Hersey, N9VCU – Emergency Coordinator (EC); RACES Officer
- Deb Provo, KK7DEB – Assistant Emergency Coordinator (AEC); Membership Manager
- Adam Karol, KF7LJH – Assistant Emergency Coordinator (AEC)
- Robert Anglin, WX5TEX – Assistant Emergency Coordinator (AEC)
- Steve Hall, W7SRH – Public Information Officer (PIO)
- Eli Pride, W7ELI – Training Manager
- Marino Duregon, KG7EMV – Net Manager
- Brian Cochrane, KE7QPV – Webmaster; Event Personnel Coordinator
We would love to tell you about what we do, how we support our community, and why we need you to be part of the Multnomah County ARES team!
Presentations and Materials from Past Meetings
March 23, 2017 – General Business
February 23, 2017 – General Business | Field Station Basics
January 26, 2017 – General Business and forms/logging training
October 27, 2016 – General Business
September 22, 2016 – General Business | Go-Kit Presentation | Go-Kit Handout
August 25, 2016 – General Business
June 23, 2016 – General Business | Introduction to HSMM and Mesh Networks
May 26, 2016 – General Business and Field Operations
April 29, 2016 – General Business | Winlink 101 | Soundcard Digital Modes
March 24, 2016 – General Business